SAMPLE MACHINING, INC., DBA BITEC
|Job Title: Quality Manager||Reports To: President|
|Department: Quality||Last Revision Date: 03/30/2022|
Quality Manager Responsibilities/Duties:
The Quality Manager will be responsible for maintaining AS9100 and ISO9001 quality system. Additional duties include the following:
- Supervising quality employees.
- Responsible for Corrective action / Preventive action (CAPA) process including quality data collection, and reporting.
- Preparation of FAI’s and PPAP’s to customer specifications and industry standards.
- Lead implementation of improvement projects. Interface with Engineering, Customer service, Operations, and suppliers for driving quality projects to completion.
- Define methods and standards to improve product quality.
- Establish and maintain effective inspection and tests to ensure product quality/ reliability.
- Leading internal auditors and completion of internal audits.
- Ensure 1st article inspections are complete in a timely manner.
- Train associates on process improvement methodologies
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of ISO and GD&T.
- Capable of performing inspection(s) of product to blueprints and specifications using standard measuring instruments such as – micrometers bore gages, optical comparators, calipers, height gages, and the ability to program a CMM.
- Successful candidate will be proficient in the interpretation of blueprint requirements and inspection of products, strong math background, able to read and interpret blueprints with geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
Candidate needs to have a minimum of five years’ experience in quality.
- 3-5 years relevant quality management experience.
- ASQ CQE or CMQ/OE preferred.
- GE DSQR preferred.
- Must be proficient in all standard computer software programs, specifically MS Office and Excel, to accurately and efficiently manage data and information.
- Must have experience in implementing different Root Cause analysis tools.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starting, self-directed individual.
- Background in Aerospace preferred.